AVEDA Rating and Reviews Competition October 2020
ENTER TO WIN 1 GRAND PRIZE OR 10 RUNNERS-UP PRIZES
Entry to this competition is subject to these full conditions
Chance, not skill, will determine the winner(s) of this competition.
Name of Competition
Aveda Ratings & Reviews
Minimum Entry Age
18 years or older
Entry Opens Time (Sydney time)
Entry Opens Date
October 1, 2020
Entry Closes Time (Sydney time)
Entry Closes Date
November 1, 2020
Maximum Number of Entries Per Entrant
November 4, 2020
Number of Valid Entries to win prize
1x Grand Prize: worth AUD $500 to spend at Aveda.com.au.
Grand Prize: AUD $500
Total Value of All Prizes
Unclaimed Prize Time
Unclaimed Prize Date
November 11, 2020.
NSW Permit Number
No license required
Competition Entry Conditions
1. This competition (“Competition”) is conducted by Aveda. (Estee Lauder Pty Ltd), ABN 63 008 444 719, of 165-175 Mitchell Rd, Erskineville NSW 2043 (“Promoter”).
2. Entry to the Competition constitutes acceptance of these conditions.
3. The Competition is only open to Eligible Entrants. An "Eligible Entrant" is an individual who, at the time of entry: (i) is a resident of Australia aged 18 years or older (13, with guardian / parent consent), (ii) is not an employee of the Promoter or any of its related corporations or any of their agencies associated with the Competition; and (iii) is not a spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether full, half, step or by adoption) of such an employee.
4. Competition entry opens at time and date specified on the web site, and closes at time and date specified on the web site ("Entry Period"). All times and dates are times and dates in Sydney, Australia.
5. To enter, an Eligible Entrant must write a review on a product page on the Aveda.com.au site.
The “Entry Period”
(a) Entry Opens Time: 12:00 am (AEST)
(b) Entry Opens Date: 1/10/20
(c) Entry Closes Time: 11:59 pm (AEST)
(d) Entry Closes Date: 1/11/20
6. To enter, Eligible Entrants must rate and review any Aveda product on Aveda.com.au during the “Entry Period”. The Eligible Entrant must have used the Aveda product before in order to rate and review the product. We reserve the rights to modify or cancel this Competition due to system error or unforeseen problems. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any late entries or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications service or equipment.
7. This is a game of chance; skill plays no part in determining the winners. The winner will be chosen at random. The winner will be notified by a direct message from Aveda through Email.
8. An Eligible Entrant may enter the Competition maximum ten (10) times only within the Competition “Entry period”.
9. All entrants must ensure that their entry is received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any late or misdirected entry or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications service or equipment.
10. All entries to the Competition may be subject to verification by the Promoter. The Promoter will not reimburse an entrant for any reasonable costs incurred in complying with this condition. An entrant MUST deliver to the Promoter (by a means determined by the Promoter) copies of any documents the Promoter may request establishing eligibility to enter or win, including evidence of age, residence or identity. The Promoter may make one or more requests for such documents. Once the identity of documents available is established, an entrant must deliver requested copies within 7 days of being asked to do so. At the Promoter's request, an entrant MUST also, within 7 days of being asked, allow the Promoter to inspect and copy the original of any such document.
11. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries made by an entrant invalid if the entrant: (i) fails to establish their entitlement to enter the Competition to the Promoter's reasonable satisfaction; or (ii) fails to produce items as required by condition ten (10) or produces items that, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, are illegible, stolen, forged, reconstructed, altered, incomplete or tampered with in any way; or (iii) in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering; or (iv) in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, submits an entry which is not in accordance with these conditions.
12. Any costs associated with accessing the Competition Website are the responsibility of the person seeking access and are dependent on the internet service provider used.
13. Eligible Entrants must make their internet entries manually using an internet browser. The Promoter may reject internet entries if it reasonably forms the opinion that they have been entered using automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
WINNER AND PRIZE
14. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. If for any reason a winner does not take a prize (or an element of the prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
16. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
17. Total prize pool value is $1,050. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified. In total, one (1) Grand Prize winner and Ten (10) Runners-up will be drawn at random. The Grand Prize: worth $500 to spend at Aveda.com.au. The Runner-up prize: each runner-up will receive 1x botanical repair™ strengthening leave-in treatment 100ml, valued at $55. In total there are 10 runners-up that will be drawn.
18. The draw date and time: Wednesday 04/11/20 at 12pm. The promotor will reach out to each winner via email which will stipulate the process to redeem their prize. Each winner will be required to provide the Promoter with details to redeem their prize before 10/11/2020.
19. A right to receive the prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as a monetary payment.
20. In order to be entitled to the prize, the winner must, if requested by the Promoter, agree to and sign an eligibility form confirming their compliance with the Conditions and eligibility to accept the prize. The winner will forfeit his/her prize if he/she fails to ensure that all documents relating to that prize are signed in accordance with this condition and returned to the Promoter, as and when required by the Promoter.
21. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way by a cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, tampering, computer bugs or viruses or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition, subject to the approval of the authorities that have issued permits for its conduct.
22. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise, (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise).
23. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO CAUSE DAMAGE TO ANY WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION ON ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR TO OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS COMPETITION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE EVENT THAT ANY SUCH ATTEMPT IS MADE, WHETHER OR NOT THAT ATTEMPT RESULTS IN ANY SUCH DAMAGE, INTERFERENCE OR UNDERMINING.
24. All of the Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
25. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and all those entities' personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or prizes, including: (i) any indirect, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. Nothing in these conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify an entrant’s rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
26. If any provision of these conditions is unenforceable for any reason, it will be severed and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
28. Authorised under the following licence numbers: Note that permit allows no single prize to be more than $1,000 in value.
ACT Permit No. TP 20/00862.